This is a recipe from back in my University days. I used to have this with spaghetti (obviously) now I have it with zpaghetti (also called zoodles or zucchini noodles) (See Side Dishes). This tastes as delicious as I remember it back in school, a major comfort food and super quick.
· 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
· ¼ c green onions, chopped
· ¾ c bell peppers, diced
· 2 TBSP tomato paste
· 1 large hot chili pepper, chopped (optional)
· ¼ tsp garlic salt
· salt and pepper, to taste
· 1 tin wild salmon (7 oz.)
· ¼ c heavy cream (35%)
· 1 TBSP crumbled feta cheese, garnish
How to Prepare:
1. In a skillet, cook the green onions, bell peppers, tomato paste, hot chili pepper (optional) and spices in the EVOO for about 30 seconds.
2. Remove the salmon from the tin and add to sauce mix.
3. Add the cream, in the last 2 minutes and stir.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Serve sauce mix over zucchini noodles while hot.
6. Add more EVOO and/or feta for taste.